Predicting the Future Is the Key to Increased Customer Loyalty

August 25, 2017

Another  topic  that  we’d  love  to  discuss  with  you:  customer  loyalty. Customer satisfaction   is   the   number one   driving   force   behind developing loyal customers but  you also have to pay attention to future interactions, customer habits,  purchases… In  this  great  article  from Semrush  you  will  find  few  tips to know  where  to focus  your  attention, energy, and resources.

 

 We are not marketing mind readers, but we are getting closer thanks to the next generation of consumer data. That is a relief for marketers who are exhausted by hit-or-miss efforts that produce minimal sales but lack the customization necessary to drive big gains backed by genuine loyalty.

 

A 2016 Direct Marketing Association and Winterberry Group survey sheds light on the current state of data-driven marketing: About 41 percent of marketers reported their companies' gains from such marketing tactics improved from the first to second quarters of 2016 — but the remaining 59 percent reported no change or a decrease in those returns. Fortunately, personalizing customer interactions using data will help boost that revenue.

 

Before the internet era, retail interactions had a personalized touch because sellers and buyers were connected by proximity. Although we have lost a sense of physical closeness, we are poised to regain a similar relationship.

 

Data-based insights into customers’ activity and future behavior allow us to “circle back” to a time when the neighborhood grocer knew you so well he could make accurate guesses about your buying needs each visit. Netflix is developing its Nostradamus-like skills right now, using predictive software to make relevant user recommendations.

 

The key to foreseeing consumers’ needs is in how we use big and unstructured data, social listening tools, and other resources and information to track their journeys, ultimately allowing us to dive headfirst into understanding target audience populations. To date, we have been wading into shallow waters; it is time to explore deeper trenches.

 

Measuring the Steps of a Digital Footprint

 

Every customer leaves behind clues on the internet about his preferences and likely next moves. From what he says on Facebook to how and when he browses the web, his actions and habits reveal elements of his psyche. This digital footprint contains vast amounts of data, and we are finally beginning to understand how to bring it all together.

 

For instance, consider how customers are making their way around the web to find and purchase merchandise and services. My organization, Jumpshot, sifts through the online movements of 100 million consumer panelists. Our goal isn’t to develop and record only linear movements — it is to understand the context behind those actions.

 

It is not enough to define your ideal customer; you must also know how to focus your attention, energy, and resources on how, when, where, and why they make purchases. The only way to do this is to use available data in creative ways.

Similarly, customer on-site and in-app behavior pulls back the curtain on how audiences really live, not how we assume they live when we’re brainstorming at work. If you can use collected data to count on where a customer will be at a certain time, you will see a boost in ROI and future opportunities.

 

To read more:

https://www.semrush.com/blog/predicting-the-future-is-the-key-to-increased-customer-loyalty/

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

New posts

6 Elevator Pitch Examples to Inspire Your Own

October 30, 2017

1/10
Please reload

Search by Tags
Please reload

Recent posts
Please reload

Follow us
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Twitter Basic Square